Stress-busting hot chocolate with Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha? Don't worry if you haven't heard of it before, #teamVITL ambassador Emily from My Pow is here to explain why she thinks it's time to put this ancient Indian Ayurvedic herb on our shopping lists.
Similar to the likes of the energising Chinese ginseng, Ashwagandha is adaptogenic, meaning it can help your body adapt to a variety of stressors. Whilst it can have a calming effect on the body, it also enhances brain function and memory, giving you a helping hand to cope with what life throws at you.
Exams, work, travel, family all getting a bit too much? Ashwagandha might just be what you need to help get a little clarity in your life.
It is also known to aid sleep, which impacts brain function, hormone balance, and your immunity; making this stress-busting, winter warmer recipe just the thing you need if you find yourself in a stressful spot.
The ultimate Ashwagandha Autumn Hot Chocolate…
- 2tbsp high grade, unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1/4tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ashwagandha root powder
- 1/ tsp of grated nutmeg & ginger to taste
- 220ml Mylk of your choice (I use unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar, honey or agave syrup to taste
- Pour the Mylk in a pan.
- Add the dry ingredients, stirring until they're all combined nicely on a medium/low heat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add your sweetener option and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into your mug and enjoy!