Similar to the likes of the energising Chinese ginseng, Ashwagandha is adaptogenic, meaning it can help your body adapt to a variety of stressors. Whilst it can have a calming effect on the body, it also enhances brain function and memory, giving you a helping hand to cope with what life throws at you.
Exams, work, travel, family all getting a bit too much? Ashwagandha might just be what you need to help get a little clarity in your life.
It is also known to aid sleep, which impacts brain function, hormone balance, and your immunity; making this stress-busting, winter warmer recipe just the thing you need if you find yourself in a stressful spot.
The ultimate Ashwagandha Autumn Hot Chocolate…
- 2tbsp high grade, unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 1/4tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ashwagandha root powder
- 1/ tsp of grated nutmeg & ginger to taste
- 220ml Mylk of your choice (I use unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar, honey or agave syrup to taste
- Pour the Mylk in a pan.
- Add the dry ingredients, stirring until they're all combined nicely on a medium/low heat.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add your sweetener option and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into your mug and enjoy!