Asparagus, smashed boiled egg and hazelnut salad
With asparagus almost coming to the end of its season, we wanted one last chance to cram its vitamins into our salad! Refuel over lunch with this nutrient-packed summery salad.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g hazelnuts roasted and roughly chopped
- 7-8 asparagus spears chargrilled (or boiled)
- 1 smashed boiled egg
- Mixed salad leaves (whatever you prefer!)
Extras (if you’re feeling a little cheeky)
- Throw in some crispy pancetta or some parmesan shavings
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then add your egg. Cook for 7-8 minutes (or to preference), then plunge to ice water to cool, as quickly as possible.
- Whilst your egg boils, prepare your asparagus - snap off the base of each spear and wash.
- Heat up your griddle pan over a medium heat, toss the spears with olive oil and season, griddle for 4-5 minutes. Ensure to turn halfway through cooking, or until golden-brown griddle marks appear on the asparagus.
- Peel your eggs, add then to a bowl and crush with a fork.
- Before serving roast your hazelnuts for a few minutes.
- Combine your salad leaves, asparagus, smashed egg and your chopped hazelnuts.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season and enjoy!