Asparagus, smashed boiled egg and hazelnut salad
The VITL Nutrition Team / 21 May 2018
With asparagus almost coming to the end of its season, we wanted one last chance to cram its vitamins into our salad! Refuel over lunch with this nutrient-packed summery salad.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g hazelnuts roasted and roughly chopped
- 7-8 asparagus spears chargrilled (or boiled)
- 1 smashed boiled egg
- Mixed salad leaves (whatever you prefer!)
Extras (if you’re feeling a little cheeky)
- Throw in some crispy pancetta or some parmesan shavings
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then add your egg. Cook for 7-8 minutes (or to preference), then plunge to ice water to cool, as quickly as possible.
- Whilst your egg boils, prepare your asparagus - snap off the base of each spear and wash.
- Heat up your griddle pan over a medium heat, toss the spears with olive oil and season, griddle for 4-5 minutes. Ensure to turn halfway through cooking, or until golden-brown griddle marks appear on the asparagus.
- Peel your eggs, add then to a bowl and crush with a fork.
- Before serving roast your hazelnuts for a few minutes.
- Combine your salad leaves, asparagus, smashed egg and your chopped hazelnuts.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season and enjoy!