Cacao and almond chia pudding recipe, dairy-free
This chia pudding has such a great chocolatey nutty taste, it feels like it should be unhealthy!
But the raw cacao powder is full of magnesium and antioxidants and the chia seeds are full of our essential fatty acid omega-3, so how could you say no? For me, adding the coconut milk really made this dish! It’s so creamy, without being too heavy. If you are a lover of chia pudding, then you have to try this one!
Makes one bowl
- 150ml almond milk
- 100ml of coconut milk (tinned)
- 2 teaspoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of date syrup
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- First put the almond milk, coconut milk, cacao powder, almond butter and date syrup into your blender, and blend for about 20 seconds, so the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour the cacao milk into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Make sure to give it a good stir, as chia seeds can form clumps and stick to the bottom of the bowl.
- Leave in the fridge overnight and it will be ready to enjoy the next morning.
Just a note, sometimes a thin cacao skin can form on the top of the chia pudding while chilling. This is not a problem, just make sure to give the pudding a good stir. Enjoy!
Photo credit: Kimberley Welsh