But the raw cacao powder is full of magnesium and antioxidants and the chia seeds are full of our essential fatty acid omega-3, so how could you say no? For me, adding the coconut milk really made this dish! It’s so creamy, without being too heavy. If you are a lover of chia pudding, then you have to try this one!
Makes one bowl
- 150ml almond milk
- 100ml of coconut milk (tinned)
- 2 teaspoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of date syrup
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- First put the almond milk, coconut milk, cacao powder, almond butter and date syrup into your blender, and blend for about 20 seconds, so the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour the cacao milk into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Make sure to give it a good stir, as chia seeds can form clumps and stick to the bottom of the bowl.
- Leave in the fridge overnight and it will be ready to enjoy the next morning.
Just a note, sometimes a thin cacao skin can form on the top of the chia pudding while chilling. This is not a problem, just make sure to give the pudding a good stir. Enjoy!
Photo credit: Kimberley Welsh