- 300g fat-free cottage cheese or ricotta
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1tbs fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley, and thyme work best)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the flour.
- Gradually add flour making sure the mixture doesn't become too dry, stopping when the mixture is still a bit sticky.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat adding a glug of olive oil and a knob of butter if you wish.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan into round disks and flatten with the back of the spoon.
- Turn when crispy and golden. Remove from the pan when both sides are crisped.
Serve hot straight from the pan and sprinkle with extra herbs and parmesan.
*Note: You can add meat such as ham, chorizo or prosciutto if you want a heartier option.