Dairy-free, healthy dark chocolate matcha bars
Packed with superfoods and antioxidants, this chocolatey treat is perfect for when those cocoa cravings hit.
Makes 12 bars or 24 squares
- 250g pitted dates (about 1 2/3 C)
- 1/3 Cup cocoa powder
- 115 g Almonds (about 2/3 C)
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder - our favourite is the Bluebird Pure Grade Matcha!
- 1 sachet VITL Greens
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- First, if using whole almonds, chop or pulse in food processor until they're just little bits and pieces. Or alternatively, use slivered almonds.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blitz until completely combined. Your dough may form a ball, or it may form several clumps, depending on your food processor. Once all the ingredients are totally worked into one another, turn off food processor.
- Put the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and form into a lump. Using hands press the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Wrap in cling film or parchment paper and chill on a flat surface in your refrigerator at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Cut into squares or bars and lightly dust with more matcha powder.