Homemade healthy ginger granola breakfast bar recipe
Feel energised with this wholesome nut bar. Full of unsaturated fat, protein and fibre, this mouth-watering bar will banish morning hunger. These bars are simple to make and are great when you’re on the go.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 cups pitted Medjool dates (or Turkish dates soaked until soft- approx 12)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup oats
- 250g Konjac Rice (1 pack)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1tbs grated ginger (fresh/ frozen/ from the jar)
- Prepare the rice as per instructions on the packet.
- Mix rice, almonds, walnuts, dates, coconut, sunflower seeds and ginger in a food processor and blend until it forms a sticky consistency.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture evenly over the tray. Pat down with fingers or a spatula.
- Chill in the freezer for a 1 hour or the fridge for 2-3hrs, before cutting into portions using a sharp knife.
Instead of waiting for the slice to set, roll the mixture into little “brekkie balls”!