Cauliflower couscous with aubergine and chickpea recipe
Welcome Spring with this light, colourful, quick and easy dish.
Per serving: 534 Kcal, 23g protein, 70g carb, 21g fat
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 medium aubergine, chopped into 1cm squares
1 heaped tsp coconut oil
1/2 tin chickpeas, drained
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 head cauliflower, grated to make "couscous"
1tsp cumin powder
1tsp tamari soy sauce
3tsp harissa paste
1tbsp pomegranate seeds
1tbsp parsley, chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a hot pan and add the onion and aubergine.
- Cook at a high heat for 10 minutes, add splashes of water to create steam and prevent sticking.
- Add in the chickpeas, garlic, and cumin powder. Continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower "couscous", harissa paste, and tamari. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with parsley and pomegranate to garnish.