Kale is coming back into season so if you've not been a fan of the leafy green before, now is the time to give it a crack again. It might seem bizarre giving a vegetable a massage but it will repay you by providing your body with oodles of beneficial vitamins and antioxidants.
- 1 cup of kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 30g manchego cheese (or pecorino works well)
- 1 small lemon
- 1 half of a large, ripe avocado
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Chop your kale and place chopped in a large bowl.
- Add the juice from the lemon to the kale and massage it in with your hands until the kale is slightly tenderised and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut your avocado into chunks and toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until a little more golden.
- Chop the manchego into cubes or crumble.
- Combine all the ingredients in to a bowl, drizzle over a glug of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.