Maple soy soba noodle and avocado stir-fry recipe
Eating plenty of coloured foods is important as it gives you a variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help to nourish the body. Like Jess @choosingchia, we love eating the rainbow! When we're short on time, our go to meal is stir-fries because they're quick to make and are ideal for using up any leftovers you might have.
Ingredients - Serves 2-4
1 pack of soba noodles (or 8 oz)
1 tbsp. cooking oil
½ onion, finely chopped
½ cup shredded purple cabbage
½ cup shredded carrots
1 cup spinach
½ cup edamame beans, cooked according to package
½ avocado, chopped.
1 green onion, chopped
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sesame oil
1. Start by making you sauce. Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Boil the soba noodles according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
3. Add oil to a pan, bringing to medium-high heat, add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes.
4. Add in the shredded cabbage, carrots, spinach, and edamame, and continue to sauté on medium heat for another 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add your noodles to the pan, and sauce, and mix together for 1 minute.
6. Plate and garnish with with avocado, green onion, and sesame seeds.