Miso-baked salmon with asian vegetables recipe
An exotic flavour explosion full of nourishing vegetables and heart-healthy omega 3s.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 bunches pak choi
- 2 handfuls mixed Asian mushrooms
- 1 orange
- 100g buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 radishes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-assisted). Rub salmon fillets with miso paste and wrap tightly in foil before placing in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, place noodles in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly under cold water immediately after. Mix through 1 tbs soy sauce and put aside.
- Take your orange, cut off the peel and slice into circles and place aside.
- Slice off the base of the pak choi and cut the entire bunch in half in the middle and rinse thoroughly to remove any dirt. Slice mushrooms into bite size pieces and cut broccolini into shorter sticks. Finely slice garlic, chilli and ginger.
- Heat a tsp of oil (preferably sunflower, coconut or rapeseed) in a pan before adding green vegetables, mushrooms, garlic, ginger and chilli. As they are cooking, add remainder of soy sauce.
- To serve, place vegetables on one side of the plate and swirl noodles onto the other side. Top noodles with sliced radishes. Place sliced oranges on top of the vegetables followed by the salmon. If you wish, sprinkle with black sesame seeds to garnish.