Healthy poached eggs with sweet potato hash recipe
A healthy, delicious brunch that will keep you feeling fuller for longer thanks to the balance of protein, healthy fat, fiber and complex carbohydrates. As this only takes 10 minutes to make, it’s a great weekday or weekend savory breakfast/brunch.
- 2 large left over baked sweet potatoes
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 100g spinach
- 50g mushroom
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- 4 organic, free-range poached eggs
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat the oil a frying pan and at the same time put your pot of water on to boil to poach the eggs.
- Fry off the onions and mushrooms for 2-3 mins then add the sweet potato for another 5 mins, stirring regularly. Don’t worry if the sweet potato starts to stick a little, just scrap these bits back into the mixture, that’s what gives it its tastiness.
- Once the hash is almost cooked, poach the eggs in just simmering water for 3 mins and at the same time add the chili, seasoning and spinach to the hash pan until the spinach has wilted.
- Drain off the eggs once cooked on kitchen paper.
- Serve the hash with the poached egg on top, and 1⁄4 sliced avocado on the side