- 2 large left over baked sweet potatoes
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 100g spinach
- 50g mushroom
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
- 4 organic, free-range poached eggs
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat the oil a frying pan and at the same time put your pot of water on to boil to poach the eggs.
- Fry off the onions and mushrooms for 2-3 mins then add the sweet potato for another 5 mins, stirring regularly. Don’t worry if the sweet potato starts to stick a little, just scrap these bits back into the mixture, that’s what gives it its tastiness.
- Once the hash is almost cooked, poach the eggs in just simmering water for 3 mins and at the same time add the chili, seasoning and spinach to the hash pan until the spinach has wilted.
- Drain off the eggs once cooked on kitchen paper.
- Serve the hash with the poached egg on top, and 1⁄4 sliced avocado on the side