A balanced brain-boosting breakfast full of protein and omega 3.
640 Kcal per serving
39g protein, 51g carb, 31g fat,
Time 25 mins
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger (grated)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- 100g quinoa
- 250 ml vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 fresh mackerel fillets (in 1 inch chunks)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 juice of a lemon
- 20g fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- In a saucepan sweat off the onions and garlic for 5 minutes in 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Then add the quinoa grains, water and bouillon powder.
- Cover with a lid and simmer at a low temperature with the lid on for 18 minutes.
- Add the fish, lemon juice and peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs in the remaining coconut oil
- Lastly, add the parsley to the quinoa and fish kedgeree.
- Serve the kedgeree topped with a fried egg.