Rainbow rolls with tofu and ginger peanut sauce recipe
These Thai styled rolls by @reachingforgreens are refreshing, crunchy and delicious. While they would be perfect for a summer picnic, they’re also great for packed lunches too; as sometimes a light lunch is all you fancy, especially for those of us that are sat in the office all day and have not particularly worked up an appetite.
Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1-2 carrot, julienned/grated
- 1/4 red cabbage, sliced finely
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 mango, sliced into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced into strips
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 150g tofu, sliced into strips
- 1 lime
- 1 pack of rice paper sheets
- Ginger peanut sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 red chilli, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1.5 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp. tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
1. In a high-speed blender, combine all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a pan heated with olive oil, place tofu strips and cook until golden brown on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a bowl with hot water, carefully submerge rice paper sheet for 5 seconds and place on parchment paper. Place desired ingredients in the middle of rice sheet. Lift one end of rice sheet and gently but firmly wrap over veggies. Tuck in the sidepieces and continue to roll over. Set aside.
4. Continue until all veggies have been used,
5. Once rolled, dip rolls in ginger peanut sauce and enjoy!
If making ahead, wrap individually in parchment paper to avoid sticking and tearing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
These are best enjoyed if eaten that same day - the rice paper sheets can become soggy if left for too long.