Dairy-free raw chocolate protein brownies recipe
This is a quick and easy recipe to make your own healthy, protein snacks packed with antioxidants and healthy fats as well as plant based proteins. These will balance your blood sugar, giving you sustained energy, unlike the sugar and sweetener-filled shop bought versions.
Makes approx. 10 brownies
Preparation time: 5 mins
- 150g of almonds
- 75g of hazelnuts
- 6 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 20g of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 60g of hemp protein
- 40g of chia seeds
- 50ml of water, or as needed
- Grind the almonds to crumbs/flour in a food processor for 2 minutes.
- Mix the chia seeds with the water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked chia seeds, to the processor and blend for another minute or so until combined into a ‘dough ball’.
- Line a tray with cling film and evenly press the dough into the tray.
- Set aside in the fridge. Cut into squares once set and enjoy.
Per portion; 230 kcal, 8.6g protein, 15g carbohydrate (5g fibre, 10g sugars), 15g fat (1g saturated)
Photo credit: Libby Limon