Makes approx. 10 brownies
Preparation time: 5 mins
- 150g of almonds
- 75g of hazelnuts
- 6 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 20g of raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 60g of hemp protein
- 40g of chia seeds
- 50ml of water, or as needed
- Grind the almonds to crumbs/flour in a food processor for 2 minutes.
- Mix the chia seeds with the water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the soaked chia seeds, to the processor and blend for another minute or so until combined into a ‘dough ball’.
- Line a tray with cling film and evenly press the dough into the tray.
- Set aside in the fridge. Cut into squares once set and enjoy.
Per portion; 230 kcal, 8.6g protein, 15g carbohydrate (5g fibre, 10g sugars), 15g fat (1g saturated)
Photo credit: Libby Limon