Dairy-free vegan coconut almond fudge recipe, low-sugar
Whilst fudge has always been a favourite of mine, it is undoubtedly very high in sugar and fat. Although I love maintaining a balance in my lifestyle, finding an alternative recipe that is both delicious and slightly more healthy was right up my alley.
It also means that I can have twice the amount without feeling a need to pump my body full of greens immediately afterwards!
Whether you're looking for an exciting addition to your breakfast, baking for friends or simply wanting to try something a bit different, this fudge will certainly fit the bill. Its versatility also allows for you to play around with the flavours. Try using some whole nuts or dried fruit for some added texture too!
Who said that healthy has to be boring?!
- 1/2 cup raw coconut oil
- 1 cup white almond butter
- 2 tbsp of natural maple syrup or honey
- Leave the coconut oil to soften at room temperature
- Combine in a bowl until completely smooth, pour into a lined tin and freeze until solid
- If you like, drizzle some melted chocolate over the top
This stuff is quite literally melt-in-the-mouth so only take it out of the freezer when you're ready to eat it! Trust me, it won't last long!
Photo credit: Hannah Darvas