Healthy homemade snack: roasted beetroot hummus recipe
Hummus is great and all but PURPLE hummus is where it's really at. Beetroot also makes a great energy-boosting pre-work out snack as recent studies have shown it increases the benefits of exercising by promoting the connectivity in brain regions associated with motor function.
5 mins plus beetroot roasting time
- 1 large Beetroot
- 1 can Cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1 large cloves Garlic, minced
- 10g Fresh dill
- 2 heaped tsp Tahini
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of a large lemon
- Healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- Roast the beets whole in foil for 1-1.5 hours in foil at 200ºC. Allow to cool.
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor or blender with all the other ingredients. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.