Not only are these a good source of omega 3 which is thought to play a role in gut health, but they’re an excellent source of dietary fibre.
- 1 cup flax seeds, ground
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 0.5 tsp rosemary powder
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 170C .
- Combine all the ingredients, apart from the salt, in a bowl. Let sit and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture onto an ovenproof tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a greased rolling pin roll the mixture into a thin sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip over and bake for another two minutes. Turn off the oven.
- Leave the thins in the oven to dry out for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and break into pieces.
- Serve with your favourite dip- mine is tzatziki yummmm!
Tip: It's important to drink plenty of water alongside flaxseeds (1 cup of water per tablespoon), as flaxseeds need water to work. Also, gradually introduce flaxseeds into your diet as a rapid increase can actually aggravate gut symptoms.
(Note: cooking times will vary depending on the oven).