Ingredients, Serves 4
3 limes, juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 tbsp. yellow miso paste
1/3 cup water
2 tsp. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. tamari
1.5 tsp. fresh ginger, grated finely
Pepper to taste
1 large sweet potato
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cups quinoa, cooked
2 cups kale, packed firmly
1 small red onion
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 375F/ 180C. Using an immersion blender, blend all the dressing ingredients together and set aside
2. Cook quinoa as per instructions.
3. Chop the sweet potato into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium sized, bowl. Add olive oil, curry, and salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss the potatoes ensuring each are evenly coated. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, tossing half way through. 4. Set aside to cool.
5. In a heated medium sized pan with oil, sauté the mushrooms until tender and set aside to cool.
6. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, kale, onion, red pepper, carrot, dried cranberries, walnuts, shiitake mushrooms, and sweet potatoes. Add the miso ginger dressing and mix well.
7. Serve and enjoy!
This salad is great as leftovers. It will keep fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.