High-vitamin, protein packed spirulina green smoothie
Time to wake up your mind and body with this spirulina smoothie.
Whether for breakfast or to fight the afternoon slump, the queen of protein spirulina will leave you fabulously energised and ready for whatever the day has in store for you. Let's take a close look at this green powerhouse and its amazing benefits:
- contains up to 65% protein (who needs a steak?) and all nine essential amino acids
- loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants such as potassium, B vitamins, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium
- improves digestion and speeds up metabolism
- 2 cups of coconut water (you can use your favourite milk instead)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup of blueberries
- 2 cups of spinach
- ¼ avocado
- 1-2 heaped tsps of spirulina (depends if you are used to the taste of spirulina. If this is your first experience with spirulina go for 1 tsp, next time add 2!)
- 1 strawberry (optional)
- Blend everything together, decorate with a juicy strawberry and enjoy!
Photo credit: Hedi Hearts