Coconut quinoa breakfast pot, dairy and gluten free
A beautifully balanced breakfast free from dairy, gluten and refined sugar
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups coconut milk (not from a can)
- 1 x VITL Greens sachet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
For the topping
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Peach slices
- Coconut chips
- Bee pollen
- Place the coconut milk and vanilla in a small pan and whisk well. Stir in the rinsed quinoa and coconut sugar, bring to the boil then simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa is cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Tear open the VITL Greens sachet and pour the powder into the quinoa mixture and stir well.
- Mix in the chia seeds and leave to cool.
- Transfer between 2 small jars or an airtight container and keep in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- If it is too thick, add a little extra coconut milk or water and mix well. Top with fruits and sprinkle with your other toppings - now tuck in and enjoy!
If you have any leftovers, keep in the fridge and eat the next day.