Festival guide: tips to look good and feel good
Summer festival season is upon us! With every weekend of summer becoming social whirl of events, it is easy fall into habits that leave you feeling lethargic and out of shape. Like everything, it is important have fun and enjoy life to the full, but if you can do that whilst looking after your health too, what’s not to like?
So here are VITL’s Festival 5 top tips to stay feeling good on the inside and looking fab on the outside.
1. Wouldn’t it be great if there were natural, healthy ways to fuel your party feet?! Well there are …. B vitamins fuel your energy production so taking a shot of these from a natural source such as maca root can keep you going. Green tea provides a slow release of caffeine for a sustained energy boost. Green tea also assists liver detoxification and gives you a high dose of antioxidants. VITL Greens superfood powder comes in easy portable sachets which you can slip into your pocket and add to water to get your boost when and where you need it.
2. Camping in a field with lots of background noise doesn’t make it easy to get your beauty sleep. Pack earplugs, an eye mask and some lavender oil to help you relax into a slumber.
3. Keep your skin feeling fresh and protected. Invest in some no-nasties wet wipes and salt-based natural deodorant. Salt crystals keep you fresh as they act as a natural neutraliser of bacteria and therefore body odour, and they are completely natural and chemical free.
Even in the relatively weak UK sun, it is important to look after your skin and protect against harmful rays when you are spending the whole day outside. Many oils have a natural SPF. Mix carrier oils such as almond oil and coconut oil which have a low SPF (4-6) with essential oils of Red Raspberry Seed Oil and Carrot Seed Oil which have high SPF to make natural sunscreen.
4. If you do overdo it, hydration is key, and not just with water but electrolytes too. Adding a VITL Greens sachet to your water adds the salts you need such as calcium, potassium and magnesium, as well as supporting your liver detoxification pathways with its turmeric, green leafy vegetables and antioxidants.
5. Head to the wellbeing area, most festivals provide yoga classes, meditation, even outdoor spas, fitness and lake swimming. As wellness is integrating into our everyday lives, festival organisers respond providing more opportunities for nourishing your bodies inside and out.
To order VITL Greens to add to your festival kit, click here