Healthy spinach, artichoke and hazelnut salad recipe
It may be mid-winter, but salads can still be a great way to top up on immune boosting veggies and keep the lurgies away. This recipe contains 3 of your ‘5-a-day’. They are also so quick to throw together, so it's nice and simple and easy too.
Prep time: 5 mins
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1/ tin lentils vert (drained)
- ½ apple (finely sliced)
- 50g baby spinach
- ½ tin artichoke hearts (drained)
- 10 hazelnuts (chopped)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 50g authentic sheep and goat’s halloumi (sliced)
- In a dry frying pan, grill the halloumi slices for a minute or two on each side until starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan place the lentils, olive oil, lemon juice. Mix together, stir over a high heat for 30-60sec until warmed through.
- In a bowl, toss the lentils with all the other ingredients, season to taste and then serve by topping with the grilled halloumi slices.