Easy baked feta and tomato pasta recipe
The VITL Nutrition Team
A quick and easy pasta dish for a cosy night in, made with creamy baked feta, juicy cherry tomatoes and fragrant basil.
450g wholewheat rigatoni pasta (or any pasta of choice)
500g cherry tomatoes
200g block feta cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
A handful of chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Wash and place the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray, pour over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
2. Place the whole feta in the middle of the baking tray surrounded by the cherry tomatoes and toss until well coated with the olive oil and seasoning.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the cherry tomatoes burst and the feta cheese melts. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
4. Remove from the oven and add the garlic and basil leaves - toss everything to combine.
5. Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and stir together. Garnish with more fresh basil and serve warm. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Check out our other recipes here.