Dairy-free pan-fried cod in lemon-coconut sauce recipe
This quick, dairy-free dish is the ideal one-pan wonder for when you want a healthy, light and nutritious meal in less than 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per serving) : 322 Kcal, fat: 22.8g, carb: 8.8g, fibre: 0.8g, sugars: 1.2g, protein: 24.3gServes 4
- 4 cod filets
- 200g kale, washed, stems removed & chopped
- 200ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 60g flour (for dusting)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges (to serve)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Melt the coconut oil over a moderate heat in a large skillet pan. Whilst this is happening, pat fish down with kitchen roll to remove any excess moisture. Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Shake off flour to remove any excess.
- Place the cod in the pan and fry for 2 - 3 minutes on each side so that the skin is golden. The fish is cooked when the flesh becomes opaque. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, lemon juice, and kale. Season the sauce, but be careful about adding salt as the broth will already be seasoned.
- Bring to a boil and add the fish back to the pan. Simmer until the sauce has reduced.
Serve with rice and/or steamed vegetables. Carrots and green beans are particularly tasty with this dish!