Dairy-free indulgent chocolate mousse recipe
You'll need an avocado for this one... No, really - but you won't notice it in this creamy, chocolatey delight, we promise.
Nutritional Information (Per serving): 202Kcal, carbohydrate: 23.2g (of which sugars: 9.8g), protein: 4.2g, fat: 14.7g (unsaturated: 9.2g, saturated: 5.5g)
- 1 peeled, frozen ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado (chilled if possible)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp of vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- Blend all the ingredients together. It’s meant to be a mousse so it will be thick but should still be a bit airy. Taste it to make sure you’ve got the right consistency, sweetness and chocolatey taste. You may have to adjust the quantities as the size of the avocado and banana, in particular, can be quite varied
- Divide the mousse equally between four glasses and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve
- Decorate with cacao nibs, chocolate shavings, unsweetened desiccated coconut, berries or whatever else takes your fancy!
Did you try this recipe? Share your snaps and don't forget to tag @VITLhealth!