Valentine's strawberry and banana bread recipe
Banana bread just levelled up in time for Valentine's Day. Soft, tasty and bursting with fresh strawberry flavour!
Maybe you want to treat your love to something a little special? Or maybe this Valentine’s you’re practicing a bit of self-care? We’ve got just the recipe. A much-loved favourite with a V-Day twist!
- 210g plain/all-purpose flour (you could also try whole wheat flour!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional - but tasty)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed with a fork (make sure they’re ripe!)
- 75g honey
- 100g diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 160 fan/ gas mark 4, grease your loaf tin
- Tip all your dry ingredients into a large bowl, and mix together
- Create a little well in the middle, and crack your eggs in and give them a quick whisk
- Then add your other wet ingredients - vanilla, banana, and honey
- Now you can start to incorporate your dry ingredients into the wet mix
- Lastly, add you strawberries by gently folding them in
- Now pour your batter into the loaf tin, and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes, then time to eat!
Perfect as a morning treat, a loving afternoon snack, or a ‘hearty’ pudding <3<3<3
Focusing on you this Valentine's Day? How about a personalised multivitamin, tailor-made for you? Try our Essential One here.