Maybe you want to treat your love to something a little special? Or maybe this Valentine’s you’re practicing a bit of self-care? We’ve got just the recipe. A much-loved favourite with a V-Day twist!
- 210g plain/all-purpose flour (you could also try whole wheat flour!)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional - but tasty)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, mashed with a fork (make sure they’re ripe!)
- 75g honey
- 100g diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 160 fan/ gas mark 4, grease your loaf tin
- Tip all your dry ingredients into a large bowl, and mix together
- Create a little well in the middle, and crack your eggs in and give them a quick whisk
- Then add your other wet ingredients - vanilla, banana, and honey
- Now you can start to incorporate your dry ingredients into the wet mix
- Lastly, add you strawberries by gently folding them in
- Now pour your batter into the loaf tin, and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes, then time to eat!
Perfect as a morning treat, a loving afternoon snack, or a ‘hearty’ pudding
Focusing on you this Valentine's Day? How about a personalised multivitamin, tailor-made for you? Try our Essential One here.