Healthy banana & nut oat bar recipe, gluten-free
The VITL Nutrition Team / 13 Nov 2017
Ideal for when you need a healthy, high-energy, grab & go breakfast on the run.
Makes 9 square barsPrep: 5 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Ingredients for the bars
- 3 very ripe, large bananas
- 1 cup nut butter (i.e. peanut, almond)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups oats (can use gluten-free if preferable)
- 1 cup nuts (we used a mix)
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, chopped
Ingredients for yoghurt topping
- ½ cup Greek Yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 170℃ and line a baking dish (about 8x8 inches) with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the bananas, nut butter, honey and spices (if using) and mix to your desired consistency.
- Add oats, nuts and coconut flakes and combine.
- Empty the contents into the baking dish and press and flatten with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whilst the bars are cooling, melt the coconut oil very gently in a pan and allow to cool slightly before mixing in the greek yoghurt and honey. Drizzle over the baked mixture
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy!