Nut-free, no-bake raw energy balls recipe, sugar-free
Coated in coconut and made with seeds instead of nuts, these easy, no-bake energy bites are a great sugar-free snack. With a hint of vanilla, they'll keep you feeling fuller for longer and help prevent those sweet cravings.
Makes 25-30 small balls
Per energy ball: 112 Kcal, 13.1g carbs (of which sugars: 9.7g), fibre: 2.2g, fat: 6.6g, protein: 2.2g
- 350g Medjool dates
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 50g desiccated coconut (unsweetened) plus more for coating
- 4 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons tahini
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Pit the dates and add them to the food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the extra desiccated coconut) to a food processor.
- Blend until a sticky dough has formed. For a smoother ball, you can blend the seeds a little first to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Roll the balls into small balls in the palm of your hands and then roll in the spared desiccated coconut until coated.
- Cover the balls and place them in the fridge for an hour or so, and transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. They should keep for a couple of weeks... If you haven’t eaten them first!