Nutritional Information (per serving): 105 kcal, 8.7g fat (saturated fat: 5.5g, unsaturated fat: 3.2g), 6.3g carb (1.8g dietary fibre, 3.3g sugars), 1.3g protein
Makes 20 bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup (66g) coconut oil
- ½ cup (50g) raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup (110ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- Line a 9-inch square pan (if you want thicker bark pieces) or small baking sheet with baking parchment
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low to medium heat. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the raw cacao powder, almond butter and maple syrup until smooth. Stir in half of the nuts, goji berries and cacao nibs
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your pan or onto the baking sheet and smooth it out. If you’re pouring onto the baking sheet, the bark will be very thin. Sprinkle the remaining nuts, goji berries and cacao nibs onto the top of the bark
- Place the pan or the sheet onto an even surface in the freezer for 15 minutes or until frozen
- Remove the bark from the freezer, and from the sheet or pan, and break into pieces. Your bark is ready to enjoy!
- Keep your bark in the freezer as it tends to melt very quickly!
Looking for more tasty sugar-free treats? Why not try...